I thought I’d throw together some of the top marketing resources that I use every week and hopefully you will also be able some advantage by using them. These are the things I would’ve wanted to know when I was starting out!
- JeffBullas.com Jeff Bullas is teaching entrepreneurs how to win at business and life in a new digital world. His blog is one of the best publications for new marketers to learn about everything from storytelling and marketing psychology to infographics and blogging. To start, check out the resources section for a good overview of what you can learn. This is the type of blog that if I had enough time I would love
- Marketingland.com is still a leader in advertising industry news, and their separate channels are all worth following online. is a great way to keep up with what’s going on in the world of online marketing, and the website offers plenty of great digital content.
- Searchengineland.com This is a sister company to marketingland and targets more towards SEO and searchengines what changes that google has made and the changes that could effect your websites and sales. The SEO world is very dynamic and ever changing so to keep your eye on the ball it keeps you up to date.
- HubSpot Blog The HubSpot Blog is one of the best resources for anyone interested in content marketing. Content marketing is a strategic approach to creating valuable content that attracts potential customers, and it’s important that any new marketer get up to speed with best practices. We suggest following their Facebook page and Twitter account as well to stay up to date.
- Moz Beginners Guide to SEO If you’re going to be creating content, you need to learn about search engine optimization as well. It’s important to make sure you website and the content you put on it is structured properly for search engines, and Moz is the go to resource for learning about an ever-changing landscape. Their White Board Friday series is chalked full of valuable information.
- GrowthHackers Sign up for, and check the GrowthHackers website daily. You can ask questions and receive quick answers from marketing professionals around the world. The case studies displayed on the website are extremely in depth and cover a variety of topics that can be useful to young marketers.
- Buffer Blog The Buffer Blog is another website that goes very deep into their articles. They often run testing for over a year to give data-packed pieces that can help you drive strategy. Buffer is one of the most transparent companies in the world, and they often let you see behind the curtain of the marketing world.
I hope the above resources will give you a good headstart into the world of digital marketing, there’s many more great resources out there not listed here or if you have some ones that you think are great why not leave a comment below and I’ll add them to the list.